What would you like to tell people? I don’t know… I think I’d like to say only that they should learn to be alone and try to spend as much time as possible by themselves. I think one of the faults of young people today is that they try to come together around events that are noisy, almost aggressive at times. This desire to be together in order to not feel alone is an unfortunate symptom, in my opinion. Every person needs to learn from childhood how to be spend time with oneself. That doesn’t mean he should be lonely, but that he shouldn’t grow bored with himself because people who grow bored in their own company seem to me in danger, from a self-esteem point of view. — Tarkovsky’s advice to the young: Learn to enjoy your own company | Brain Pickings (via igorpascoal)
(Source: 80s-touch, via fuckyeahgarters)
◤: so you want to be a writer -
if it doesn’t come bursting out of you
in spite of everything,
don’t do it.
unless it comes unasked out of your
heart and your mind and your mouth
and your gut,
don’t do it.
if you have to sit for hours
staring at your computer screen
or hunched over your
searching for words,
Best ever brownies by Pinch Of YumIngredients
- 1 package Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix (the kind with the chocolate chips in it)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 10-14 Oreo cookiesInstructions
- Preheat the oven to 325. Prepare the brownie mix as directed with the egg, oil and water.
- Crush the Oreos in a large bag with your hands or a rolling pin. Pour them into the batter and mix well. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a greased square baking pan (mine is about 8×8) and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a knife into the brownies; if it comes out mostly clean, you should be good to go. But when in doubt, I’d say underbake!
“I’m Batman”, Salvador Dali
“Those who seek beauty will find it.” ~Bill Cunningham
Balancing Dragons by *creaturesfromel
thecoolhunter: Marie Antoinette’s Private …
Marie Antoinette’s Private Theater, Versailles t.co/skFFxWn9